Mercury Racing is proud to introduce Mercury Joystick Piloting technology for the popular 520 sterndrive. The naturally aspirated engine provides recreational boaters a cost effective power option that fits nicely, in both value and performance, between the MerCruiser 8.2L MAG HO and Mercury Racing 540. The low-cost sterndrive features digital throttle and shift and is backed by an unprecedented two-year limited factory warranty. Joystick Piloting will be available on select 520 models featuring Mercury Racing Bravo Three XR drives.Applications require through transom exhaust.Optional X-haust Noise Reducer Kit available.
- Complies with EPA emissions requirements. CARB (California Air Resources Board) emissions compliant models are available upon special request.
- 8.6 Liter multiport fuel injected V-8 engine features a premium forged micro- alloy crankshaft, induction hardened and precision balanced for maximum performance.
- Precision CNC cast iron cylinder block features large 4.560-inch cylinder bores for enhanced power and torque.
- Forged 4340 steel, I – Beam, shot-peened connecting rods.
- Forged aluminum pistons, designed by Mercury Racing®, for maximum strength and durability.
- Mercury Racing® aluminum cylinder heads feature optimized valve angles for improved air flow.
- Carburized hardened cam shaft for enhanced durability.
- Performance cam profiles, combined with larger valves, pack more air into the combustion chamber for greater power and torque.
- Broad torque band for enhanced hole shot, unprecedented mid-range punch and consistent pull through the top-end engine rpm operating range.
- Digital electronic throttle and shift for smooth, “Zero Effort” operation.
- The engine propulsion control module (PCM) optimizes fuel and spark control for each cylinder independently, enhancing engine running quality and performance.
- The Engine Guardian System monitors engine functions to forewarn of possible problems that could lead to engine damage.
- Fuel delivery is ensured with twin electric fuel pumps operated in a water cooled housing.
- The thermostatically-controlled oil system ensures faster oil warm up. The high-capacity cooler maintains good oil temp under all operating conditions.
- Closed-cooling system features five-year coolant for reduced maintenance and increased corrosion protection.
- 65-amp (917-watt) charging system.
- Two year limited warranty for recreational boating.
- Suitable for: Catamaran Race, Catamaran Sport/Poker Runner, Sport Cruiser, Vee-Bottom Race, Vee-Bottom Sport/Poker Runner